Orcas Island has become a major food destination in the Pacific Northwest. With incredible seafood and small family farms cultivating local vegetables and pasture-raised meats, you can eat out in style or bring home farm fresh ingredients for your own home-cooked feast.
- Matia Restaurant 360-622-2674. Outstanding cuisine right in our building at 123 North Beach Road
- Island Hoppin Brewery Local brews made right here!
- Doe Bay Café Fun and funky exceptional meals on the east side
- West Sound Café Seasonal dining by the water
- Ship Bay Fresh locally sourced ingredients in a water view setting
- Rosario Mansion Nibbles in the fireside lounge or full dinners in the view dining room
- New Leaf Cafe Hip happy hour and the place to be for interesting food
- The Kitchen Inspired fresh organic options
- Hogstone’s Wood Oven 376-4647. Wood fired pizza and Northwest agrarian cuisine.
- The Barnacle Tapas and cocktails.
- Mijitas 376-6722. Fresh twist on Mexican
For hours and special events please visit the Orcas Island Chamber of Commerce Food & Drink Guide
Food to Orcasonians is a serious business. We love our locally grown produce and fruit, savor our island-raised lamb, beef, pork and chicken, and simply must have our fresh eggs from the many farm stands and Community Supported Agriculture farms (CSAs).
There is a strong and steady resurgence of talent in the farming arena on Orcas and this has helped move local organics into our restaurant kitchens, Farm to Cafeteria school programs and our amazing Saturday Farmer’s Market on the Village Green adjacent to our offices.
Visit and support these local farmers and purchase their wares at the farm stands, markets and the many restaurants that regularly feature their goods.
- Girl Meets Dirt
- Lum Farm LLC
- Maple Rock Farm
- Morning Star Farm
- Orcas Farm
- OrcaSong Farm
- Orcas Island Farmer’s Market
- Warm Valley Orchard
For more local info inspiration, check out local photographer Peter Fisher’s tribute to the farmers…
Our local nurseries provide plants and trees to beautify your landscape.
- Bullock’s Permaculture Homestead
- Driftwood Nursery
- Evans Farm Nursery
For more information on Orcas Agriculture visit: Agri-Tourism
Local seafood is amazing, and can be savored regularly through Buck Bay Oysters, Judd Cove Oyster Company, Lopez Shellfish and Lummi Island Wild Salmon.