The islands are home to a plethora of talented musicians, performers, visual artists, writers and creative people in a myriad of mediums. Their work is performed and exhibited on the islands’ many stages and galleries.
Seldom does a day go by without the opportunity to attend an event featuring local talent. In addition to the rich local art scene, international artists and performers gather here for festivals, lectures and seminars throughout the year.
- Weekly Events Blast Up to date lists of local happenings including sports events, classes, restaurant hours and specials.
- Orcas Crossroads Lectures by distinguished speakers.
- Orcas Center Arts and cultural organization for public and private events on two stages plus a visual arts exhibition space and meeting room.
- Doe Bay Fest Annual weekend festival showcasing hot music talent. Always sold out so move fast.
- Orcas Island Chamber Music Festival An annual summer festival showcasing world-class musicians. Get your tickets early!
- Orcas Island Artworks An island institution for work by 40+ local artists and the best blackberry pie ever in the Café Olga.
- Howe Art Sculpture Park and Gallery
The Orcas Island Community Foundation has a complete list of arts and culture nonprofit organizations on Orcas Island.